Android and iPhone are the two smartphones having great demand amongst this generation. To guide you to know which one is suitable for you, a comparison is done between iPhone and Android application development on the basis of:
- Platform comparison
- Tooling comparison
- Programming language
- Programming model comparison between iPhone and Android application development
Android and iPhone, both of them are the most desired smartphones of this generation. With these 2 smartphones, life's getting smoother and easier. Though, for a designer, application development for these smartphones is certainly a treat, as he can attract a worldwide population with these applications. Comparison between iPhone and Android application development is as mentioned below:
- Platform comparison: Through iPhone, searching functionality is extremely hard, whereas the matter is quite different with Android. iPhone applications are fairly closed, whereas Android development is based upon open source. To download the source code for iPhone, you may require resorting to Google, on the other hand downloading source code for Android is faster as well as easier. In different words, Android platform classes are consistent as well as predictable in terms of design. Hence, beginner development choice is preferred to Android instead of iPhone development.
- Programming language: iPhone application development language is Objective-C that is a programming language based upon C with a number of extensions on object-oriented versions like dynamic typing, interfaces, classes, messages, inheritance and many more. In contrast, Android application development is based upon Java. Lots of developers preach that Java is a no-brainer encoding tool. That's why, if you're a designer, who likes encoding, iPhone application development may stimulate you over and above Android development.
- Tooling comparison: In this segment, both are just nearly the same. There is no such differences between their system of tooling in both these platforms. Tooling interface comprises profiler, debugger, User Interface, builder and IDE.
- Programming model comparison between iPhone and Android application development: iPhone encoding model is based upon the pattern of MVC design. By means of this tool, creating a User Interface is very simple, as all the coding is logically positioned in the source code. In contrast, the later supports multi-tasking. Therefore, a little complex; but, both platforms deliver declaration of user preferences in XML. Android's XML pattern permits to integrate the custom user interface constituents. Whereas with iPhone, it is a not such an easy task.
From the above-mentioned argument, it is clear that both Android as well as iPhone application development have some disadvantages plus advantages. This depends upon the developers and their needs and wants which platform they will select.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alex_Thomas_James